NADAP provides an array of wraparound services to New Yorkers to support their health, recovery, and full community participation. We are proud of 46 years of enabling individuals to become healthy, productive and self-sufficient.
Founded in 1971, NADAP is a private nonprofit corporation that serves residents of the New York City metropolitan area. Initially, NADAP focused on employment readiness and job placement for people with substance use disorders. Today, NADAP has significantly expanded its service portfolio to respond to the broader needs of New Yorkers struggling with substance use, mental and physical health conditions as well as poverty and lack of social capital, which tend to exacerbate health issues. Today, NADAP operates a full range of programs that connect more than 35,000 disadvantaged New Yorkers per year with jobs, community supports, health care, and other resources that enable them to improve their physical, emotional, social, and economic stability and well-being.
Utilizing best and evidence-based practices that emphasize each person’s strengths and personal goals, we offer:
- Assessment and referrals as well as intensive case management for individuals and families struggling with addiction and other behavioral health disorders, thus ensuring they have access to treatment and other resources that support their recovery.
- Comprehensive employment services for people re-entering the workforce as part of their recovery.
- Care coordination in partnership with New York Health Homes, serving New Yorkers who need support in managing their chronic behavioral and medical conditions.
- Health insurance enrollment assistance for individuals and small businesses interested in signing up for low-cost health insurance through the NY State of Health Marketplace.
- Technical assistance and professional training for workforce development professionals in substance abuse treatment agencies to enhance the capacity of community-based providers to enable their clients’ job readiness.
Our team of professionals and support staff is proud to serve all adults and youth with respect and recognition for their cultural diversity and individuality as they work to build a healthy life for themselves and their families. Our success greatly relies on the partnerships we create with treatment agencies, government entities, health care organizations and payers, employers, the business community at large, and other stakeholders that may benefit from our services.