We help thousands of New Yorkers find employment to achieve self-sufficiency and economic independence.
NADAP’s employment services staff assess applicants’ vocational skills and interests, prepare them for the job search process, and help them find suitable employment. We support candidates’ transition to new jobs and ensure newly employed workers fulfill their employers’ needs. Newly placed employees are supported with a range of follow-up and retention services during their transition to work to help them understand and consistently meet employers’ expectations. Our job readiness and employment programs feature:
- Comprehensive vocational assessments and occupational evaluations.
- Individualized employment plans that address barriers through achievable employment goals.
- Job preparation workshops for resume development, interviewing skills, and job searches.
- NADAP’s Computer Resources with typing tutorials, résumé writing software, internet access, and online employment resources.
- Job banks that match job offers with client skills.
- Direct contacts with employers and a network of employment resources.
- Employment retention and job advancement services, including incentive programs and hard skills training.
- Rapid re-employment, where applicable, to ensure job seekers remain engaged in work.
- Support with public assistance transitional benefits and other entitlements.
- Financial literacy and money management training.
NADAP offers several specialized employment programs in the metropolitan area:
- Our original Comprehensive Employment Services assists residents from all five NYC boroughs prepare for and find employment, with a focus on those in early recovery from a substance use disorder (Manhattan).
- A recently added Wage Subsidy program allows qualifying job candidates to gain valuable paid on-the-job training while reducing risk for employers (Manhattan).
- Our CareerPathways II program offers specialized employment and training services to youth and young adults (16 to 24 years old), who may face significant barriers to employment. We assist them in preparing for and entering meaningful and targeted training in sectors with significant demand for skilled labor, leading to employment and self-sufficiency (Manhattan).
- Our CareerCompass program provides comprehensive career assessment and service planning to set adult public assistance clients (25 and older) on education and employment pathways that lead to increased independence and self-sufficiency (Manhattan and Brooklyn).
- Our Nassau Comprehensive Employment Services work with Nassau County residents referred by the Nassau County Department of Social Services. Public assistance recipients are provided with assessment, case management, job readiness training and employment placement assistance (Hempstead, NY).
- The Nassau Employment Initiative provides specialized employment support to Nassau and Suffolk County residents living with HIV/AIDS (Hempstead, NY).
- NADAP also provides Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) for the vocational and employment needs of people with significant behavioral health needs; go here for more information.
NADAP’s comprehensive employment services are funded by the NY State Office on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), the NY State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA), the NYC Human Resources Administration, and Nassau County Department of Social Services.
For more information on our Comprehensive Employment Services programs and to learn about program eligibility, please contact:
Meryl Kordower, M.S., Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 986-1170 Ext. 118
355 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10017