In response to the COVID-19 concern, NADAP’s Health Homes program remains open and operational to meet all your Care Coordination needs! All services are currently available to be provided telephonically to ensure the safety of our enrolled members and our staff at this time. If you are an enrolled member in need of services, please contact your assigned Care Coordinator. If you are unable to reach your Care Coordinator or if you are interested in joining our program, please contact our Intake Line at 917-836-7729 or via email at HHintake@nadap.org.
We offer a methodical approach to delivering care coordination services, not just health interventions, thus improving health outcomes.
Since 2012, NADAP has been a provider of care coordination services in the New York State Health Home initiative. A Health Home is not a place; it is a care management model. Health Home care teams are made up of medical, mental health, substance abuse, and community support providers that come together to form a collaborative system of care. Within Health Homes, NADAP’s Care Coordinators facilitate access to care for New Yorkers in every borough, ensuring they receive the behavioral and medical services that improve their health status and reduce the need for hospitalization and emergency care. While we work with health home patients with any chronic medical condition, we have special expertise in engaging and supporting patients with co-occurring medical and behavioral health conditions, i.e., SUDs and/or mental health disorders. Our care coordination process entails the following components:
- Outreach and engagement strategies are designed to foster an ongoing relationship with the individual at the center of his or her own care plan. Our care coordinators focus on learning about the needs of the individual, such as life and health goals; past treatment experiences and preferences; and the strengths and resources of the individual as well as the barriers they face.
- Comprehensive assessments explore several life areas, including medical, behavioral health, social, legal, housing, and other core areas, and are designed to capture the patient’s history, identify current areas of need, and existing providers.
- Individualized care planning addresses personal wellness goals, objectives, and interventions needed to adequately assist the patient in reaching optimal health and functioning. Shared with all involved care providers, the care plan provides a road map to facilitate referrals for medical follow up, behavioral health care, social support, and any other identified needs.
- Referrals to community partners allow the patient to meet his or her care plan goals, prevent escalation of care needs, and reduce the need for emergency or high-intensity care. Referrals are made with attention to member preference, geographic proximity, and collocation of needed services.
- Coordination of benefits includes Medicaid application or recertification as needed to ensure that patients maintain their insurance coverage.
For more information on our Care Coordination Services, please click here.
355 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10017