Assistant Manager – Health Insurance Enrollment
- ID 2022-2096 Category IPA/Navigator
Join NADAP’s IPA Team as a Health Insurance Assistant Manager! This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work as you provide leadership, training, and education to the program.
The Assistant Manager will assist New York residents with enrolling into the NY State of Health Insurance Marketplace and educate the public on the Marketplace. They will also assist in training new Navigators and compiling monthly reports for partner organizations.
NADAP, Inc. is a multi-service non-profit agency dedicated to helping people with medical, behavioral health and social service needs to become self sufficient. NADAP has 50 years of experience operating programs that assist disadvantaged populations in New York City and Nassau County. NADAP’s services include health insurance enrollment, assessment, care coordination, case management, professional training, and job preparation, placement and retention services. NADAP provides services to more than 35,000 people annually. Visit us at www.nadap.org.
NADAP was awarded another 5 year contract by the New York State Department of Health. Our Health Insurance Navigator team currently helps New Yorkers enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace in Manhattan but also Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx.
- Effectively manages team toward achievement of its enrollment targets
- Produces required reports timely
- Assists Director in program management and promotion of program to target populations
- Assists the Director on achieving milestones required by our contract
- Hires, trains, and supervises Benefits Navigators
- Manages partnerships and coordinates between different enrollment sites
- Assists program expansion plan and grant research
- Maintains NADAP’s client database
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- One year of staff management or supervisory experience
- At least 2 – 3 years experience of related health insurance experience in enrollment, sales or call center. Experience working with the Health Insurance Marketplace is a plus
- In order to perform this job the individual must attend the three day Navigator training and pass the certification issued by NY State of Health or already be certified. The training and exam will be paid time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approximately 25% travel within NYC boroughs (due to COVID-19, field work is temporarily suspended. It will resume as NYSDOH and CDC guidelines allow)
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends as necessary
- Must be bilingual in English and a language common to NYC