Entry Level/Hybrid, Bilingual Insurance Navigator
- ID 2022-2093 Category IPA/Navigator
Entry Level/Hybrid Bilingual Insurance Navigator
NADAP, Inc. is seeking full-time entry level Bilingual Benefits Navigators to provide health insurance enrollment and education to New York residents. If you are a recent high school or college graduate looking to get exposure to the insurance field and the nonprofit world, this job may be perfect for you!
The goal of our program is to educate and assist individuals and small businesses to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace including Medicaid, Child Health Plus, the Essential Plan, and Qualified Health Plans. The Bilingual Navigators will work with participants to enroll them online into the NY State Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Provides education and enrollment services to individuals and small businesses about the State’s healthcare plans and guides individuals through the Marketplace’s enrollment process
- Builds partnerships with local communities for enrollment and referral purposes and works at network partner sites to actively market and promote the program to target populations
- Achieves monthly 50 enrollment and partnership goals
- Enters service information into NADAP’s database, produces weekly enrollment reports, and writes post-event reports
- Works with onsite organizations to coordinate referrals for eligible participants
- Conducts outreach to community and participates in marketing events and identifies and contacts eligible participants, through face-to-face outreach, email, phone
- Schedules appointments with eligible participants, and follows-up with reminders, including phone and email contact
- Attends staff meetings, trainings and provides program updates to manager
- Education: High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: One year of job-related experience, preferably in enrollment and outreach activities
- Read/speak/write in the following languages: English/French, English/Russian, English/Korean, English/Spanish and Trilingual English/Mandarin/Cantonese
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online research
- Positive attitude, flexibility, attention to detail, strong organizational skills and an ability to multitask; Able to present in group settings
- Ability to work flexible hours with a rotating schedule. Work late nights and on weekends on occasions
- Comfortable with field work (approx. 25%). Note that field work is on hold during outbreak of COVID-19.
Hybrid Schedule: 2 days in office, 3 days remote